The day-to-day scientific direction of the Human Variome Project is overseen by the Regional Scientific Directors. They provide ongoing leadership and direction for the Project and provide direction to the Human Variome Project Board and the International Coordinating Office to ensure that effective operational plans and resources are in place to support the strategic objectives of the Project.
The Regional Scientific Directors for the Human Variome Project are appointed by the HVPI Board based on regional requirements.
Each Regional Scientific Director is an ex-officio member of the International Scientific Advisory Committee.
Human Variome Project Regions
These regions will be reviewed and extended on a needs basis.
Europe and Africa
Princial accountabilities and tasks
- Build and maintain strong external corporate networks and industry relationships within the region and generally.
- Assist in the appraisal and coordination of long term plans within the organization and advise the Board on the provision and utilization of financial resources.
- Attend meetings of the HVPI board, ex office, unless the appointee is already a member of the Board
- Attend HVP Scientific Advisory Committee Meetings
- Attend HVP Council meetings when required
- Assist in developing and writing grants
- Assist in developing fundraising objectives and strategies in consultation with the Board and/or chairperson of the fundraising committee
- Take an active role in major fundraising activities events and meetings where required
- Assist in the preparation, printing and distribution of any reports and marketing/fundraising Materials
- Participate in the organisation of HVPI meetings and workshops